Terms & Privacy
Please please please read these TOU carefully. By using any of our Services, You agree to comply with these TOU. If You do not agree to the terms and conditions contained in the TOU, You agree not to use the Services, and We do not consent to provide You with access to the Services. In addition, when using any of our Services, You, Moneyball Economics and its parent company, Crowdability, Inc., its business units, subsidiaries and affiliates ("Moneyball Economics," "We," "Our," or "Us") shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such Services, which may be posted and modified from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOU.
You also understand and agree that the Services may include certain communications from Moneyball Economics, such as service announcements and administrative messages that You may not be able to opt out of receiving.
We may periodically change the Terms without notice, and You are responsible for checking these Terms periodically for revisions. All amended Terms become effective upon Our posting to the Site, and any use of the Site after such revisions have been posted signifies Your consent to the changes.
HOW YOU MAY USE OUR MATERIALS
We use a diverse range of information, text, photographs, designs, graphics, images and other materials on the Moneyball Economics site. We provide the information and content (which we collectively call the "Materials") on the Moneyball Economics site FOR YOUR PERSONAL, NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY.
Accordingly, You may view, use, copy, and distribute the Materials found on the Moneyball Economics site for internal, noncommercial, informational purposes only. You are prohibited from data mining, scraping, crawling, or using any process or processes that send automated queries to the Moneyball Economics site. You may not use the Moneyball Economics site to compile a collection of listings, including a competing listing product or service. You may not use the Site or any Materials for any unsolicited commercial e-mail. Except as authorized in this paragraph, You are not being granted a license under any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right in the Materials or the products, services, processes or technology described therein. All such rights are retained by Moneyball Economics, its subsidiaries, parent companies, and/or any third party owner of such rights.
HOW YOU MAY USE OUR MARKS
The Moneyball Economics company name and logos and all related products and service names, design marks and slogans are trademarks and service marks owned by and used under license from Crowdability, Inc., or its wholly-owned subsidiaries. All other trademarks and service marks herein are the property of their respective owners. All copies that you make of the Materials or this site must bear any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice located on the site that pertains to the material being copied. You are not authorized to use any Moneyball Economics name or mark in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of Moneyball Economics. Requests for authorization should be made to [email protected]
NO ENDORSEMENTS MADE BY Moneyball Economics
We do not investigate, represent or endorse the accuracy, legality, legitimacy, validity, or quality of any products, services, companies, investment opportunities, or Materials (collectively, the “opportunity” or "opportunities”), including those contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from the Moneyball Economics site.
References that We make to any names, marks, products, services, companies, deals, or opportunities of third parties or hypertext links to third party sites or information do not constitute or imply our endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the third party, of the quality of any product or service, opportunity, information or other materials displayed, invested in, or obtained by You as a result of any material or any other information in or in connection with the Moneyball Economics site.
Moneyball Economics communicates information provided and created by various third party financial sites, companies, software developers, publishers, employees, users, and other third parties. We have no control over the accuracy of such information on Our pages, and Material on the Moneyball Economics site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
We make no guarantees, nor can We be responsible for any such information, including its currency, content, quality, copyright compliance or legality, or any resulting loss or damage.
You should use discretion while browsing the Internet.
Moneyball Economics reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements to, or correct any error or omissions in, any portion of the Site. Where appropriate, we will endeavor to update information listed on the Site on a timely basis, but shall not be liable for any inaccuracies.
Links to external Internet sites are provided within the content on the Site as a convenience to users. The listing of an external site does not imply endorsement of the site by Moneyball Economics or its affiliates. Moneyball Economics does not make any representations regarding the availability and performance of its Web site or any of the Web sites to which we provide links. When you click on external links from the Site, your browser automatically may direct you to a new browser window that is not hosted or controlled by Moneyball Economics. Moneyball Economics and its affiliates are not responsible for the content, functionality, or technological safety of these external sites.
We reserve the right to disable links to or from third-party sites to our Site, although we are under no obligation to do so. This right to disable links includes links to or from content partners that may use our Marks as part of a co-branding relationship.
Some external links may produce information that some people find objectionable, inappropriate, or offensive. We are not responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in any externally linked Web sites.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE AND DISCLAIMER REGARDING THE MATERIALS WE PROVIDE
Moneyball Economics is a publisher. Nothing on this Site should be construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any security by any third party. You understand that no content published as part of the Services constitutes a recommendation that any particular investment, security, portfolio of securities, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. You further understand that none of the creators or providers of our Services or their affiliates will advise You personally concerning the nature, potential, value or suitability of any particular investment, security, portfolio of securities, transaction, investment strategy or other matter. Accordingly, do not attempt to contact us seeking personalized investment advice, which we cannot provide.
To the extent any Material published as part of the Services may be deemed to be investment advice, such information is impersonal and not tailored to the investment needs of any specific person. You are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, investment strategy, security or related transaction is appropriate for you based on your personal investment objectives, financial circumstances and risk tolerance. Investors and users should consult with licensed legal professionals and investment advisors for any legal, tax, insurance or investment advice.
Moneyball Economics is not a “broker,” “dealer” or “funding portal” (as defined in Section 3(A) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.) Moneyball Economics does not produce in-house research, provide investment advisory services, or conduct a general retail business. Moneyball Economics is not involved in the actual transaction between any investor and the opportunities they choose to invest in, and Moneyball Economics is not responsible for any investment or other decisions made by any individual or entity in connection with any investments they may have learned about here or elsewhere.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The Services, and any content obtained or accessed through the Services, including without limitation third party content, is provided "as is" without representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Moneyball Economics, its officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertisers, and agents disclaim all warranties, express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose or use, and all warranties relating to the adequacy, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information available through the Services.
Moneyball Economics and its affiliates, suppliers, agents and sponsors do not warrant and accept no liability that Your use of the Services and any content contained therein, including without limitation, third party content, will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure, that defects will be corrected, or that the Services or the server(s) on which the Services are hosted are free of viruses, worms, malicious code, Trojan horses, malware, or other harmful components. Moneyball Economics and its affiliates, suppliers, agents and sponsors accept no liability for any software downloaded from the Services. You acknowledge that You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed to access and use the Services, and all charges related thereto. You assume total responsibility and risk for Your use of the Services and Your reliance thereon. No opinion, advice, or statement of Moneyball Economics or its affiliates, suppliers, agents, members, or visitors, whether made on the site or otherwise, shall create any warranty. Your use of the Site, the content contained therein, and Materials provided through the site, are entirely at Your own risk. Moneyball Economics and its affiliates, agents and sponsors will not be liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, delays or any actions taken in reliance on information contained in the Services.
You agree to indemnify and hold Us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Your breach of these Terms, Your violation of any law, or Your violation of the rights of a third party, including the infringement by You of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. These obligations will survive any termination of the Terms.
Under no circumstances shall Moneyball Economics be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, or non-performance of third parties.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Moneyball Economics DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES FOR ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS, OR OPPORTUNITIES OBTAINED THROUGH, POSTED OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE SITE.
SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
IN NO EVENT SHALL Moneyball Economics BE LIABLE TO ANY USER ON ACCOUNT OF SUCH USER'S USE OR RELIANCE ON THE SITE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING DIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BROUGHT IN WARRANTY, CONTRACT, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHER THEORY, EVEN IF Moneyball Economics IS AWARE OF OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE USE (OR INABILITY TO USE) OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE, THE MATERIALS OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY, OR THE USE (OR INABILITY TO USE), RELIANCE UPON OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY MATERIAL CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED FROM ANY SITE. Moneyball Economics DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR OPPORTUNITIES DISCLOSED ON THE SITE OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SITE
THE USER OF THIS SITE ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR THE USE OF THIS SITE AND THE INTERNET GENERALLY.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL USERS; IN SUCH STATES LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES IS TO STOP USING IT. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO COMPANY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION — WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE — SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID TO US BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES IN THE CURRENT CALENDAR YEAR OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. The procedure under the DMCA for takedown notice is given below. See http://loc.gov/copyright/ for the most current statutory requirements.
If You believe in good faith that materials displayed on Moneyball Economics infringes Your copyright, You (or Your agent) may contact: Copyright Agent, Legal Department, Moneyball Economics, 201 International Circle
Suite 110, Hunt Valley, MD 21030; email: [email protected], with the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or trademark interest; (b) a description of the copyrighted work(s) or trademark(s) that You claim has been infringed; (c) a description of where the material that You claim is infringing is located on the website; (d) Your address, telephone number, and email address; (e) a written statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright or trademark owner or authorized to act on the copyright or trademark owner's behalf. Please note that You will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if You materially misrepresent that any material on our sites is infringing Your copyrights.
California residents may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Last revised: Nov 30, 2021
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly and customized experience. We collect only the personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our site and service. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you.
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to [email protected]
Information Gathered and Tracked by Moneyball Economics
We gather two types of data about our users: Personal information and Tracking information. Here is more information about both:
Personal information is provided by users when signing up or registering on Moneyball Economics, our free site, when registering as a subscriber to one of our free or premium subscription services, and voluntarily at certain other points, such as entering contests, completing surveys or through any marketing paths.
Registering for Membership on Moneyball Economics:
In order to register, you will have to supply us with your email address.
Subscribing to Premium Services
In the future, if you would like access to one or more of our premium subscription-based services, you will need to supply us with the information specified to activate your free trial or paid subscription. This may include credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on our servers.
Other Personal Information Collection:
- White Papers. We may offer white papers and bonus reports on various investment and financial topics. In order to download these special reports, you may be required to enter your email address, phone number and/or some additional personal information.
- Blogs. We may offer blogs featuring running commentary by popular investors. These blogs allow subscribers to respond to a blogger's commentary or to another subscriber's post. Access to some blogs may require a paid subscription to one of our premium services. We urge and encourage participants posting comments on the blogs to include their full name in any comment and to disclose any investments held in private company securities they discuss in any comment. Please note that information submitted to the blogs will be available for any user of that service to read, and is no longer private.
- Surveys/Polls. At certain times, you may be asked to participate in surveys, which are generally aimed at obtaining general information, for example, your investment experience or your reaction to a particular article or blog post. Because information obtained in these surveys is connected with individual subscribers and is used internally, participation is voluntary. In addition, some columnists will on occasion take polls of their readers. Such polls are solely for the editorial use of the individual columnists, and participation is voluntary.
Tracking information is automatically collected about all visitors to Moneyball Economics. This information consists of both individual and aggregated tracking information and is automatically gathered using "cookies." A cookie is a small data file containing information, such as a user's login name, that is written to the user's hard drive by a web server and used to track the pages visited.
In addition to the cookies described above, Moneyball Economics, its agents, advertisers and third-party advertising vendors that serve ads onto our websites, and other third party partners may use their own or third-party cookies or other tracking technologies for advertising, including delivering targeted advertisements and marketing messages based upon the websites you visit, or other purposes. We are not and cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party advertisers and vendors.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
- Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources: We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site; we may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
USE OF THE INFORMATION
- To enhance users' experiences on Moneyball Economics, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- To improve our content;
- To maintain and improve Moneyball Economics and our Services;
- To ensure the technical functioning of Moneyball Economics and our Services; and
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Moneyball Economics does not sell or disclose personal information about you described above to other people or non-affiliated companies, except to provide you with products or services, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or otherwise to cooperate with law enforcement agencies or state and federal regulators;
- We provide the information to our subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
- We provide the information on a confidential basis to nonaffiliated companies we engage as contractors or agents to perform services for us, such as maintaining software or administering a sweepstakes or contest. Information will be shared with such contractors only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations;
- We may disclose all the information we collect as described above to other companies such as direct marketers to perform marketing services on our behalf, or to third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements; and
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular link or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (for example, the Facebook “Like” button), which enables you to share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to you through our Site in the future. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited responses. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any of your personal information in a public forum.
Moneyball Economics limits access to personal information about you to those employees whom we determine need access to that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your personal information. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information that users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
YOUR INDEPENDENT RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER COMPANIES
CONDITIONS OF USE
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to [email protected] Moneyball Economics reserves the right to modify this policy.
You may review, correct or modify information maintained in your online account at any time by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing us at [email protected] If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at [email protected], but note that some information you provide through the Services may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the Services) and that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to [email protected] If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.